Yes, USB 2.0 all around; I've got a main production laptop, dual core
2.5ghz, 2GB RAM, and it's the one having problems w/ synthesizing. The
reason
I'd like a USB interface is that I'd like to use my soon-to-be-received Eee
as a standalone synth with my midi keyboard, and keep everything else on the
main boxen.

Thanks for all the feedback so far! I'd heard The Edirol UA-25 was pretty
excellent, but a quick Google yielded in general more problems than success
stories.

~holotone

--
~holotone