Dave Ricketzz wrote:
> Compressors can be quite musical;  they make a performance easier to
hear in many cases.  Without a compressor/limiter your RMS is quite low
vs peaks and your SNR suffers.  Part of the mastering process is to
judiciously apply electronic magic here and there.  Are you saying this
person didn't equalize?

"judiciously" isn't whats happening in the industry unfortunately. The
whole "brickwall" mastering thing has made me sick of modern pop music
and leery of re-masters of old albums. I can turn up the volume myself.

Theres no reason to kill dynamic range so song A sounds as loud as song B.

I'm just a touch sensitive about compression. ;)

-Cory