On Friday 28 March 2008, D. Michael McIntyre wrote:
> Anyway, sorry to say, I gave it the ol' college try dude, and even risked
> Mr. Winky, but I can't figure this out.

I've had another look, and the reason I can't figure this out is because I'm
really not sure what the problem is, or if there actually is a problem here.
I've got KDE back on that box now, and going back and forth between KDE and
GNOME, the look and feel of these QT3 apps is definitely changing.   They
don't look GNOME native, but they look quite different under GNOME, and
memory tells me that might actually be how they looked on Gutsy.  I'm not
sure.

Can you or somebody please send me some screenshots (the "window under cursor"
capture mode would be great, if the GNOME equivalent of KSnapShot has this
mode) of QJackCtl and anything else worth paying special attention to?

If possible, I'd like to see:

A) What it's supposed to look like when everything is normal (eg. a shot of
this in its native GNOME environment on Gutsy, or a Hardy at a point in time
when everything is behaving)

B) What it looks like in this new state I'm trying to fix to make it go back
to looking like A

I'm thinking I will determine there is no problem on this particular
installation, but even from this particular state, I can probably make the
QT3 apps look more GNOME-like, perhaps even moreso than they had ever been
before, so this whole exercise probably won't have been for nothing after
all.

Oh, and thanks for the words of support Luis.
--
D. Michael McIntyre