I just found an application that should work: Power ISO Portable.

http://www.google.com/search?q=power+iso+portable&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Funny thing is, it's only available on torrents. Hmmmm... :-)

But I'm going to try it. Looks like I can download the iso on the computer,
split it and copy the splits to my flash drives.(PowerIso should run off my
flash drive just fine) A little more work than I was hoping for, but I think
it will work.

Thanks so much for all your help! I don't exactly like running to the
library every day, so I am going to wait until Windows XP SP3 is released,
and get it all at once. (Apr 29, afaik)

Thanks!

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 8:08 AM, simone www.io-sound.org <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> as far as i remember (sometime too closeby) you can run winrar without
> istalling, sorry but i can t test it right now
>

> On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 1:36 PM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 11:56:33 +0100
>> "Luis de Bethencourt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> > cant you split a file in smaller ones with winrar?
>> >
>> > luis
>>
>> One can make an archive and split it into smaller files, but winrar is
>> also
>> software that needs to be installed, to my knowledge.
>> There happen to be more and more windows programs that can be run off pen
>> drives (flash drives) without the need for installing. That stuff seems to
>> be
>> modern right now. Maybe you are lucky.
>>
>> Philipp
>>
>> --

> .wmv , .wma , .pps along with all proprietary Windows formats won t be
> accepted and/or viewed.

Christopher Stamper

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web: http://tinyurl.com/2ooncg