Carla.  By the looks of it, your sound card is compatible.  If you haven't
already, you need to understand what Jack is for.  If you've used Re-Wire in
the Windoze world, it's like that but better.  It's used to route ("wire")
audio inputs and outputs between the music programs and the soundcard, so
it's actually your patchbay.  It's also used to synchronize tempo of the
multiple music programs you choose.

For instance I use Ardour to record.  To route inputs from the soundcard, I
go to Jack, click "connect" and connect the soundcard inputs on the left
panel (which might appear as 'capture_1' and 'capture_2' under 'alsa_pcm' or
'system') to the tracks I created in Ardour on the right that appear under
'ardour'.  You will probably need to click on the [+] to expand and see the
individual connections under each program you see in Jack.  You simply
connect these inputs and outputs by click-dragging between them.  Ardour
depends on Jack to connect all its tracks to it's master output and bus'es
too.  You disconnect by clicking on both sides of the connection and
clicking disconnect.  Don't click Disconnect All unless you really mean to
Disconnect All.

So to not get confused, the "input" of the soundcard is actually an "output"
in Jack, called Readable Clients which makes more sense said that way.  The
Writeable Clients such as your soundcard output "system or alsa_pcm", is an
Input in Jack but a physical output respectively.  Look at like the 'inputs'
to your 'outputs' and the 'outputs' of your 'inputs'.

For each Jack-aware music app (eg. Hydrogen), you'll also see them in the
Jack connections panel.  To understand what Alsa is in the Linux world,
Instead of getting a driver for windows from that soundcard's website, Alsa
is the sound driver(s) for all the different sound cards our there, a
one-for-all(most actually), instead of one-for-one in the shitty windows
world.  If you get any sound without Jack (ie. the startup sound), your card
is working and you really don't need to understand more about Alsa.  Hope
that helps.

http://www.jamendo.com/en/artist/Julandrew