> Hi Markus,

coming from windows/Cubase, I found very useful the following guides on the
net. They contain  many other links as well.

*1. HowTo Jack configuration:*
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToJACKConfiguration

which is interlinked with the more general and highly useful:
*2. UbuntuStudio preparation:*
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuStudioPreparation

*3. Soundcard compatibility* - definitely check the Alsa guide:
http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Main

4. On the long run, I recommend browsing through and reading the articles of
Dave Philips on LinuxJournal: they are written with a light, understandable,
yet highly informative style. You will get ideas which software does what
and at what quality level in Linux Audio
http://www.linuxjournal.com/users/dave-phillips/track

Greetings,
Viktor