Gustin Johnson a écrit :

> mac wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 2009-03-19 at 07:19 -0400, sue...@empire.net wrote:
>>
>>> Original Message: ----------------- From: Gustin Johnson
>>> gus...@echostar.ca Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 14:33:48 -0600 To:
>>> sue...@empire.net, ubuntu-studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com Subject:
>>> Re: 8.10 & rt kernel?

>>> Which kernel specifically?
>>>
>>> uname -a
>>>

>> 2.6.27-3-rt #1 PREEMPT RT Mon Oct 27 03:02:33 UTC 2008 x86_64
>> GNU/Linux
>>

> The 2.6.27 series has issues and IMO should be considered broken.  I am
> using a custom 2.6.28 and the 64Studio people are getting some promising
> results from a 2.6.29 RC.  Time is getting tight for 9.04, but the
> situation is much better than the fall when we were this far from the
> 8.10 release.
>
> FYI there are patches for 2.6.29-rc8 at:
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/
>
> I will be building my own 2.6.29 this weekend, time permitting.  I could
> post a .deb if you were interested.  I need a task to burn in my new
> laptop :)

hi everyone,

as i'm writting the book "free audio-video editing" here in France, i'm
having a talk with 64studio users and one told me yesterday that under

64studio beta 3 he has got this

Linux kernel 2.6.29-1-multimedia-686
Ardour 2.7.1-2 Hardy1
Rosegarden 1.7.3-1 Hardy1

working fine for audio production, 64studio is based on hardy to use the
LTS support the longer they can.

If i understand, they have made a kernel RT like hardy's one, stable and
powerfull, but closest from jaunty'one...

Hope it helps

Laurent