>Susan Cragin wrote:
>> I did a clean install today with today's daily build. I get the same
>> problem.
>> I suspect a Ubuntu bug.
>>

>Straying from what's shipped with a self-compiled ALSA can also introduce many
>problems where you could think it's a Ubuntu bug.
>
>Have you had your self-compiled ALSA work anywhere else? Debian install maybe?
>

>-Cory K.

My drivers have worked great on Studio until a day or so ago. I have a Creative
X-fi card and I love how it works.
I have also not have any problems running wine sound programs on Studio. Wine
as you probably know is incompatible with pulseaudio, so I have to purge
pulseaudio before I do anything else.
I went on the Ubuntu bug website, and someone else just reported recent sound
problems with wine, and they did not compile their own drivers. So I added info
to that bug. I will also inform the wine site that there may be a problem.
Susan