Yes, with the DVD in the drive it says that there are 464 packages that
I can install, when I click on the icon to start the update manager, it
comes up, but then a warning comes up saying that not all updates can be
installed.  When I look at the package list, many of the main audio
packages are not checked - like for example, Ardour (main reason for the
upgrade!) so I'm a bit confused.  Is this one of those situations where
the upgrade has to be done in several passes or what?   The vanilla
ubuntu documentation says you cannot to a direct upgrade from 8.04 -
9.04, but with Kubuntu you can - hence the confusion and the question....