I don't know why Open Office is not included, but Ubuntu Studio is a
*multimedia-production
distro*, and is doing a great job at growing to it.

*Open Office is an office application*. It is available through: main menu -
install/remove software - enter open office in search box. It is +/- 2
minutes of work to get it installed, and it really doesn't bother me now it
isn't included on the base install. The installation of new software is the
same as for Ubuntu and it is in my opinion the easiest way I have ever seen.
Praise yourself happy you're not running windows. There you have to download
and double click on 'setup.exe'. In Ubuntu you have it available through the
built in software manager. If you find an easier way, feel free to share it
with the dev's of Ubuntu.

http://www.bartart3d.be/