On Apr 29, 2009 12:45am, beej...@gmail.com wrote:
Well, I've tried to install Open Office on top of Ubuntu Studio before, but the GUI is all sorts of messed up. This is what led me to think it was some technical reason why it was left out.

I understand perfectly well that Ubuntu Studio is a multimedia suite, but I personally use Office suites quite a bit while working on design and audio stuff, so that's the reason I ask. I am also familiar with how to add software. Seriously, this was a simple question that did not demand nor require an odd (and rude) lecture about Ubuntu vs. Windows.

Anyway, I don't wish this to turn into another flame thread. Does anyone else have a suggestion as to how to get Open Office working smoothly under Ubuntu Studio, or if even such a thing is wise?

Apologies about the top posting there. Wasn't paying attention.

--Brian