Tx, but now after reading this article
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Cpufrequtils I first went another
way and manipulated ondemand threshold,
I edited /etc/rc.local as follows:

#!/bin/sh -e
#
# rc.local
#
# This script is executed at the end of each multiuser runlevel.
# Make sure that the script will "exit 0" on success or any other
# value on error.
#
# In order to enable or disable this script just change the execution
# bits.
#
# By default this script does nothing.

echo 20 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold

exit 0

cpu1 is linked to cpu0 on my amd system, if it were not I might have to
add a second line for cpu1.

By default 'cat
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold' showed 80
when running 2.6.31-9-rt. In  2.6.31-15-generic  it's 95.
Setting up_threshold  as recommended in these articles to 50 or 35 did
not do the job, had to lower it to 20.
Now qjackctl shows the same cpu-load and few xruns as when I set cpufreq
from ondemand to highest value. Next I will do is testing this on my
Notebook with intel dualcore.