Thank you for posting this question and the background to it.

Ever since I installed 9.10, I've been unable to run certain Ardour
sessions (the biggest ones), with it constantly getting kicked off JACK
no matter what settings I used. I actually resorted to compiling a newer
version of Ardour, the first time I've ever done such a thing!

I installed a freq scaling control app (I didn't even need to tinker
with it) and with scaling turned off everything works the way it should,
quick and simple.

Thanks again!