On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 3:32 PM, laurent.bellegarde <
laurent.bellega...@free.fr> wrote:

> Hi Scott.
>
> Well, it's a good program.
>
> Few things, as i've done an official conference about UBS at Paris
> Ubuntu Party.
>
> - Many people ask for a viewable boot ! Many beleive that there was a
> bug during the boot !

I'm not sure what you mean by 'viewable boot'.  Do you mean the progress
bar?

On my system the progress bar is only visible for three to four seconds
before the GDM screen appears and the progress bar only fills the first U
and part of the N!  I am curious if other systems are similar.  The Plymouth
theme was added very, very late during last cycle so it might require some
tweaking although I am unsure how much adjusting is possible.

You mentioned a video of your event before.  Is it available so I can see
what you are describing?

> - Many people ask about software distribution, for many, UBS is too
> music edition designed, and not enough image/Video edition completed.
>
> A question
>
> is there a plan to complete Lucid UBS LTS, or only improving the next
> UBS release ?

Personally I would like Lucid to be an LTS version.  I think it is highly
important to have a stable, relatively bug free release available.

This was discussed at the last developer meeting (and probably to be
discusses at the next one) without a definitive resolution.  However, the
answer will be determined by what we feel we can properly support.

For producing multimedia, powerfull, stable and complete release is
> absolutly necessary, so lucid need large complete under UBS release.
>
> Thanks for the lead,
>
> Bye,
> Laurent
> lprod.org