On Tue, Oct 05, 2010 at 01:27:02AM EST, Alessio Igor Bogani wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If you would want help in kernel stuff for Ubuntu Studio please reply
> to these questions:
>
> Which are kernels on you are interested in? The -rt, -lowlatency or -realtime?
> Which kernels you use on per day basis (so you can provide at least
> test and feedback)?

Of course I'd prefer realtime/rt, however the truth of the matter is that
keeping up with patches, and keeping the kernel versions in sync for any one
Ubuntu release is very difficult. For this reason, I'd favour the lowlatency
kernel, as it would be easier to maintain, given its only configuration
changes, and would be easier to get into Ubuntu, and maintain it, keeping in
sync with the Ubuntu release kernel version.

> How do you would want help (test, packaging, upstream relation, Ubuntu
> relation, Studio relation and so on)?

I'm happy to help maintain the low latency kernel, i.e using the Ubuntu release
kernel git tree as a base, and making our own changes on top, and rebasing on
the Ubuntu kernel for fixes. Can help get it into universe, and maintain it
there.

> Which Ubuntu releases do you would want see well supported for
> that/those kernels? Every releases or only LTS?

With the low latency kernel, I would be happy to support it for every Ubuntu
release where it is in the archive.

Luke