David,

2010/10/5 David Henningsson <david.hennings...@canonical.com>:
[...]
> great that you want to manage these kernels!

I have always managed -rt kernels in Ubuntu since Feisty Until
Maverick where I have gave up for personal reasons.

> I'm mostly curious about -lowlatency, but unfortunately I haven't got around
> to test it. I think -preempt is a server kernel? Could you also say that
> -lowlatency is the desktop version of -preempt?

I don't know much about -preempt. A low latency kernel in server
context make little sense to me at least.

> Is there a difference between -rt and -realtime, except that your -realtime
> seems more updated than -rt? Do you think we should replace the official
> linux-rt, with your linux-realtime?

Few minutes ago I replied to Laurent about that.

> closely until now, so I'd also like to ask you - do you feel you have the
> support you need from the kernel-team's side for maintaining these kernels?

Really I don't understand what you mean with "feel".
In any case I avoid to reply on this answer because I don't want start a flame.

[...]
> I think we need to have it for every release, to get the best possible
> testing and quality of these kernels. If that's possible?

The time of one-man-kernel-made is finished. So if people want the
real time kernel they should help.

>> Please reply only if you want help.
>
> Just to clarify, did you mean "if you need help" (you help me) or "if you
> want to help" (I help you) ?

I don't need help unless you want offer me a serious job. Real time
kernel need help.

All -rt kernels have always worked well on my old laptop also the
infamous Intrepid and Jaunty releases.

Ciao,
Alessio