Pfff :(

I guess the dependencies will be found in the regular Ubuntu Natty
repositories ;).

I'm not sure if Ubuntu Studio or this list can be taken seriously,
because especially a real-time system needs to be proper.

There are reasons that Natty repositories are for Natty and not for
Maverick. Of cause, a lot of bins will work with any Linux, but IMHO
nobody should mess a real-time Linux with kernels for even other
versions of the same distro.

Yes, Hydrogen + a virtual guitar effect rack will work even when using a
generic kernel, but real-time is for music productions, hard disk
recording + sequencer + ... and not only for one, two, three, four chart
music.

On March the 3d in the Jazzclub Tonne Dresden Jasper van't Hof will play
my old DX7, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32baf2bTHBs , if somebody
should be in Dresden that time, you should visit the concert. Imagine a
Ubuntu Studio setup using Hexter on Ubuntu Studio instead, just
regarding to real-time (not regarding to the sound of Hexter) for the
kind of music Achim and Jasper do. If you play 'music', but four to the
flour or Metallica like trash your DAW needs to be stable without any
timing issues.

For music only a full real-time kernel is usable. Avoid PREEMPT without
RT or PREEMPT RT kernels for other versions of your distro. Will rtirq
from the repositories of the distro version you use, fit to kernels for
the next version of your distro etc. pp.? When using a kernel for
another version you need to take care about things like this.

If you won't build a kernel and apps yourself you should switch to AV
Linux or Planet CCRMA etc. and avoid openArtist, Ubuntu Studio etc..
Lurk Linux audio mailing lists ;).

2 Cents,

Ralf