Hi all,

Before I decided to switch over to Linux/Ubuntu, I was contemplating an
upgrade to a full 64 bit system. The one thing that stopped me was the lack
of native 64 bit software in the Windows world (lots could be run in
emulation mode or whatever, but it wasn't true 64 bit). My question is: How
does the 64 bit transition work in Ubuntuland, i.e. will I be able to use
all of the programs that come pre-installed with Ubuntu studio, and would
they be true/native 64 bit, able to fully utilize 64 bit hardware etc?

If this is the wrong place to discuss this, just let me know and I can go to
the forums with this instead.

Thanks in advance,

Casey