On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 6:18 PM, Alexandros Bitoulas <albitou...@yahoo.gr>wrote:

> Hello guys to all of you.
>
> I am a very newbie with the ubuntu studio, although I use kubuntu many
> years
> by now as a simple user. I play guitar and I want to record my playing for
> sending it for an audition at a jazz university!
>
> So, due to financial restrictions, I have just bought the T.BONE USB-1G
> from
> Thomman.
>

> http://www.thomann.de/gb/the_tbone_usb1g.htm?sid=a939dfae3529d54ead5d2523ae73a789
>
> However, I need your help to make it work, i.e record my guitar through any
> programme, like Ardour which I am trying to learn currently!
>
> Please, could someone guide me through the steps that I need to go, in
> order
> to be able to record my guitar?
>
> The only thing that I know to do is run on the konsole "lsusb" where I take
> :
>
> alex@alex-ubuntu:~$ lsusb
> Bus 002 Device 005: ID 0d8c:0008 C-Media Electronics, Inc.
> Bus 002 Device 002: ID 093a:2460 Pixart Imaging, Inc. Q-TEC WEBCAM 100
> Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
> Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
> alex@alex-ubuntu:~$
>
> where C-media Electronics is the TBone usb (I suggest!)
>
> So, what do I have to do in order to be able to record through Ardour?
> Should
> I be able to see the usb device on QJack Connections manager?
>
> Thank you all in advance, all help is valuable!
>
> Alex
>

> its going to be challenging to talk you through getting JACK working via
the mailing list... if you can come on the IRC, on freenode to either
#ubuntustudio or #opensourcemusicians ...you can check
http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Main to see if that device
is supported... im not a fan of those devices... ideally, you would have a
microphone on the amp, going through a decent preamp either before or
onboard an external audio interface... if you can return it, and get
something even as basic as
http://www.thomann.de/gb/behringer_ucontrol_uca_202.htm and a mixer with
decent preamps such as http://www.thomann.de/gb/behringer_xenyx_802.htm ..so
much more versatility and function...