Στις Τρι 22 Φεβ 2011 17:59:45 Tim Cook γράψατε:
> On Tue, 2011-02-22 at 15:15 +0200, Alexandros Bitoulas wrote:
> > I do have Rakarack v.0.5.8 -can't compile Guitarix-.
>
>  I prefer Rakarrak anyway. :)
>
> > However, Jack_capture captures the sound of my cheap microphone that I am
> > using for skype talking! How can I enable the TBone usb cable to be
> > captured from jack_capture? Are there any options that I have to make in
> > Rakarack?
>
> If you connect the outputs of Rakarrak to the System playback_ 1 & 2
> can you hear your guitar? If not then check Setup in QJackCTL and try to
> determine the correct config.
>
> If you cannot hear your guitar, then your JACK configuration still isn't
> correct.  If you cannot get JACK to run with the TBone correctly.  There
> is always the option of using an adapter to plug your guitar into the
> microphone input on your sound card.  Not a GREAT solution, but it is a
> solution.
>

> --Tim

Dear friends/ubuntu-studio-users,

I am writing with great pleasure to inform you that my newly bought T.Bone
guitar-usb cable (the cheapest in the market audio-interface!) works out-of-
the-box!

The solution was only 2 clicks before my eyes! Thanks to all of you who shared
your information and experience with Jack use, I just had to open the setup of
QJack and in the settings tab I just selected the C-Media Electronics usb
device (hw:1) from the Input Device which was recognized by Jack out-of-the-
box. Also in the Output Device I selected my onboard HDA NVIDIA (hw:0) and
there it was!

The sound of my guitar was coming through Rakarack first and then the outputs
of Rakarrak to the System playback_ 1 & 2 (as Tim adviced). For the record,
those connections were automatically done from Jack anyway.

Thank you all!

Special thanks to Tim who guided me closer to the solution by urging me to
search in Jack for the correct configuration!

To Teza for the record:
Teza wrote: ..."You won't see you usb card or plug in jack...". Surprisingly,
the T.Bone usb was eventually there at the Interface and Input Devices
options!!