On Fri, Jul 01, 2011 at 06:02:14AM +0100, aYo Binitie wrote:
> I have raged against Ubuntu's directional change, a comment made here, to me
> when I questioned the possible use of xfce made me do some due diligence.
> The comment was explore it before you condemn it. In the light of that
> comment I explored xfce, mint and natty. I did not like the the vanilla xfce
> but, it's customisable. Loved Mint I have that as my office OS now. upgraded
> one of my laptops at home to Natty and persevered for a few days, you know
> what, after getting round the changes I have to say its not bad. It's not
> there yet but, it's not bad. 1 or 2 more releases should make a difference.

Please trim your posts.

Well, Natty is still based on GNOME 2, so you have not gotten a glimpse of
anything in the future. Sad to say, to me it's the least marketable release, at
least on some machines.

Nevertheless, 11.10 will be totally different, and believe me, very unpolished.
But we still have some time until the next LTS, so please do bear that in mind.

Glad to hear that you like what you've seen, though. Please stay tuned for more.
:)

--
Jaska