"fluid synth" worked for my Maudio board on a USB That was with "jack" & the latancy was low as not an isue But that was with an old comp and an old studio8.? and an old soud blaster 64 " i think" with fliud link the key board to fluid and jack to the board ( sound ? ) now your up . fluid is just you wave table ( all the fucky sound you want off the midi controler ) aka the midi board.
Help I hope?
ps. i'm not good at code

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ralf Mardorf" <ralf.mard...@alice-dsl.net>
To: <ubuntu-studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2011 2:49 PM
Subject: Re: No sound from Midi Keyboard via USB

PS: I'm not using Rosegarden. It might be that Rosegarden did show
general MIDI information, even if no plug-in is loaded. E.g. the default
might be "1 Acoustic Grand Piano". Perhaps Rosegarden than send the so
called program change MIDI event, that will switch to sound number 1,
but it won't play a audible note, because no plug-in synth is loaded,
resp. no synth is connected to MIDI out. There's an odd standard called
general MIDI, dunno, but perhaps Rosegarden has default settings
regarding to this. If so, it must be confusing for you, since it looks
like a synth is already connected. No, it isn't you need to add a synth
first. Information about e.g. "Acoustic Grand Piano" is a dummy, for the
MIDI event called "program change 1, under the condition, when using a
general MIDI device", of cause my Oberheim Matrix-1000 don't has a
"Acoustic Grand Piano" as sound number one. Better don't use
Rosegarden :D. Try Qtractor or Ardour3, or perhaps some other Linux
Sequencer. I experienced Rosegarden as a PITA. The only advantage of
Rosegarden is, that it has got a notation software included. I don't
need this. Do you need notation printing?