Hello everyone, and happy New Year!

I'm wondering if any of you can help me with a problem.  I'm having a
difficult time getting my gamma settings to stick.  I'm using the ATI
Catalyst Control Center to set the gamma level to .63.  However, the
gamma reverts to 1.0 on each new session.  The frustrating part is
that, if I check the gamma levels (by running 'xgamma' in the
terminal, for instance, or just re-opening Catalyst), the output tells
me that the gamma is .63.  The display is clearly not using this gamma
setting, though, and to get it to use the levels I want, I need to
re-adjust the settings (in either Catalyst or using xgamma), at which
point it works.  I have a feeling this has something to do with my
display color profiles, but I'm what I'd need to change to fix this.

This behavior is really obnoxious, and I'm wondering if any of you
know how to get this to stop.  I'm using vanilla Ubuntu 11.10, with
the Unity 2d desktop.

Thanks for any help!
--
-Brian David