On Fri, 2013-09-20 at 08:59 -0700, leo wrote:
> [Ralf wrote]:
> > "The best thing to do, is to ignore home pages that need flash
> > player for flashy effects or to play videos with advertisements
> > and/or proprietary codecs, all the rest, e.g. playing YouTube
> > videos, can be done with HTML5."
> My question: How do I set up for to playYouTube with HTML5 rather
> than Adobe Flash Player then?

You have to do nothing, Firefox does this automatically. YouTube videos
are playable by using free codecs only, sometimes it seems to take some
hours, before the version is available, while the version using
proprietary codecs is available as soon as somebody uploaded the video.

_I suspect that YouTube videos that start with a commercial, can't be
played without flash._

Regards,
Ralf