For any other interested people:

Seems like the issue is not caused by any ppa, nor using any version of
java, but by oxygen-gtk as gtk setting in look of KDE. Changing it to
something else, seems to solve the issue, at least here it does:

By the way, I understand that limiting support to ubuntu-studio packages is
limiting scope, but at the same time suggesting to use third-party ppa's as
a solution.. well... it is a contradiction, isn't it?

If support for ubuntu-studio is strictly limited to the softwarepackages of
ubuntu-studio itself, then don't suggest third-party packages as a
solution.
It would mean the person in question would not be able to get any help in a
later issue, because of actions suggested by the provider of the support.

Grtz,

Bart

http://www.bartart3d.be/
On facebook <https://www.facebook.com/pages/BartArt3D/169488999795102>