On 04/12/2014 10:23 PM, Mike Holstein wrote:

On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 8:34 PM, Israel <isr...@torios.org <mailto:isr...@torios.org>> wrote:

    So... why does the 14.04 installer for beta hang up at the
    'package selection' portion.
    Has anyone who tested it out experienced it?
    I get a dialog pop-up that has only ?????????
    and I click the button and the installer sits there with the
    'progression' mouse cursor acting like it is doing something...
    but it simply hangs
    Then I drop to a TTY and sudo reboot
    The installer for 12.04 worked just fine for me on the same
    machine.  I assume it is a bug in the new packages part.  Though,
    I like the idea of being able to opt out of, and into certain
    programs.

sounds like a bad image.. i would try downloading the daily.. and use https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM

-- ubuntu-studio-users mailing list
    ubuntu-studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
    <mailto:ubuntu-studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com>

MH

likethecow.com <http://likethecow.com>

maybe... it has been two images. And one I used zsync and still came up with a bad image (after zsync)....
I will look into it more when I have time

It looks like you are the go to guy on this list, thanks for all your help, I know it can be hard to fill that role sometimes!