On Friday, July 24, 2015, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mard...@alice-dsl.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to download a daily build to make a minimal install, similar to
> what I'm used to from Arch Linux. I wonder what ISO of the daily builds
> fits best to my desire.
>
> Is it possible to get something like a minimal install [1], when using
> the Ubuntu Studio 15.10 daily build [2]?
>
> Is it possible to prohibit installation of GRUB or is installation of
> GRUB enforced, so that I need to remove it after it's installed?
>
> Could it be done using another flavour, e.g. Lubuntu 15.10 daily
> build?

There are daily builds for all 15.10 flavors. 15.10 is not released yet.
There are prebuilt  ISOs for 15.04 that are released and supported. There
is an actual mini 15.04 ISO. Otherwise, you probably want the server flavor
of 15.10 if you want it early, before release and support. You can choose
it, install a minimal setup, and build up what you like. AFAIK, the
official minimal ISO isn't made early.

> Regards,
> Ralf
>
> [1]
> "You may also select nothing and just continue to finish the
> installation. If you selected nothing, upon reboot you will arrive at a
> cli prompt; from here you can fully customize your new system." -
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/MinimalCD
>
> [2]
> http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntustudio/dvd/pending/
>
> [3]