Hi all,

I'm running ubuntu 15.04 now, gnome variant, with ubuntustudio and kxstudio
installed through software sources.

My soundcard is an Echo Audiofire 12, connected with firewire.

Since 15.04 when I start jack it works fine as long as I don't run any
other application which requires sound, before starting jack.

it is consistently going wrong when I for example start chrome, exit chrome
and try to start jack, using claudia, or qjackctl, or commandline.
the message qjackctl throws is: JackServer::Open failed with -1

When I log out of the system, then log in again (no reboot required) it
works again, as long as I start jack first.

Also, when I use chrome while running jack things seem to keep working,
though I have ben thrown out of jack too.

- I checked if I was in audio-group, which I am, otherwise it wouldn't work
at all.
- I turned autospawn off for pulseaudio and killed pulseaudio befor
starting jack
- tried out various settings in qjackctl.

None seem to have helped.

How can I trace the source of the problem? If it is a known issue, anyone
idea's on how to fix this?

grtz,

Bart

http://www.bartart3d.be/