Turning back to the original thread I started:

@ Mike Holstein:

my mistake I set the examples in the wrong order, usually I do first exit
jack, don't hammer on it.* It is not the biggest issue.* Any way it
happens, exiting jack and trying to start it again, even when I keep the
device on, I don't get jack working anymore.

And it's not my first day using ubuntustudio, I'm not a beginner, using it
sort of hapily for 7 years now, so I do have some experience. Until now I
never had any problem with exiting jack to start it again later on.
Secondly I do use the internet to communicate too, not just to browse
around a little, talking to other people who make music, browsing for
samples, etc...

I do not intend to invest in a second machine and I do expect my computer
to handle audio work and some simple tasks as typing a letter of browsing
the internet. I simply don't have the funds for it and I don't want to
scale the philosophy of "for each task a different program" up to "for each
task a different computer".

greetz,

Bart

http://www.bartart3d.be/