On Wed, 14 Sep 2016 20:40:11 +0100, David Sumbler wrote:
>On Wed, 2016-09-14 at 19:04 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> On Wed, 14 Sep 2016 13:32:50 +0100, David Sumbler wrote:
>> >
>> > Using qTractor, how can I change the tempo for a short section of a
>> > piece?
>> With the mouse chose the menu
>>
>>   View > Tempo Map / Markers ...
>>
>> or push
>>
>>   Alt + V
>>
>> and then

>> then edit e.g.
>>
>>   Bar: 1 / Tempo: 90.0 4/4
>>   Bar: 2 / Tempo: 120.0 4/4
>>
>> don't forget to push the
>>
>>   Add-button
>>
>> That's it.
>
>When I do that, the dialogue lists the start of the piece but doesn't
>show the location of my markers, even when I have selected a section.
> The track display also jumps to the start of the piece.
>
>This makes it very difficult to insert a time change just where I want
>it.  Of course, I can type a different value into the "Time" box under
>"Location", and the display will then show me the correct section of
>the piece, but there is nothing to show precisely where that time point
>is within the section of music displayed.
>
>I think I must be missing something here...

I never used it myself, but it took me less then a minute by trail and
error to find out, that if you open the tempo map, you could chose a
colour for a marker and give it a name. Then push the add button.
With the mouse move one of the blue markers (edit head and tail) above
your marker and then you can move the marker that was added by the tempo
map dialog, to any position you like. After that select the marker in
the tempo map and add what ever tempo you want at this position. You
could move the play head from one marker to another by using the |< and
>| buttons. IMO it's self-explaining. There might be some features that
aren't self explaining or that require more than less than a minute of
trail and error. I don't know if the Qtractor Wiki / online manual
informs about those features. I never read it.

https://sourceforge.net/p/qtractor/wiki/Manual%20-%204%20Qtractor--An%20Overview/#4-qtractor-an-overview
http://qtractor.sourceforge.net/qtractor-index.html#Support
https://sourceforge.net/p/qtractor/wiki/Home/

Users could ask for help at Qtractor devel mailing list.

If you should be subscribed to Linux audio user mailing list, you also
could ask there. Rui, the coder is subscribed to Linux audio user.
However, he usually replies faster, if you send a request to Qtractor
devel.

Regards,
Ralf