On Wed, 2016-09-14 at 22:33 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Sep 2016 20:40:11 +0100, David Sumbler wrote:

> > > With the mouse chose the menu
> > >
> > >   View > Tempo Map / Markers ...
> > >
> > > or push
> > >
> > >   Alt + V
> > >
> > > and then

> > > then edit e.g.
> > >
> > >   Bar: 1 / Tempo: 90.0 4/4
> > >   Bar: 2 / Tempo: 120.0 4/4
> > >
> > > don't forget to push the
> > >
> > >   Add-button
> > >
> > > That's it.
> > When I do that, the dialogue lists the start of the piece but
> > doesn't
> > show the location of my markers, even when I have selected a
> > section.
> >  The track display also jumps to the start of the piece.
> >
> > This makes it very difficult to insert a time change just where I
> > want
> > it.  Of course, I can type a different value into the "Time" box
> > under
> > "Location", and the display will then show me the correct section
> > of
> > the piece, but there is nothing to show precisely where that time
> > point
> > is within the section of music displayed.
> >
> > I think I must be missing something here...
> I never used it myself, but it took me less then a minute by trail
> and
> error to find out, that if you open the tempo map, you could chose a
> colour for a marker and give it a name. Then push the add button.
> With the mouse move one of the blue markers (edit head and tail)
> above
> your marker and then you can move the marker that was added by the
> tempo
> map dialog, to any position you like. After that select the marker in
> the tempo map and add what ever tempo you want at this position. You
> could move the play head from one marker to another by using the |<
> and
> >

> > > buttons. IMO it's self-explaining. There might be some features
> > > that
> aren't self explaining or that require more than less than a minute
> of
> trail and error. I don't know if the Qtractor Wiki / online manual
> informs about those features. I never read it.
>
> https://sourceforge.net/p/qtractor/wiki/Manual%20-%204%20Qtractor--An
> %20Overview/#4-qtractor-an-overview
> http://qtractor.sourceforge.net/qtractor-index.html#Support
> https://sourceforge.net/p/qtractor/wiki/Home/
>
> Users could ask for help at Qtractor devel mailing list.

> If you should be subscribed to Linux audio user mailing list, you
> also
> could ask there. Rui, the coder is subscribed to Linux audio user.
> However, he usually replies faster, if you send a request to Qtractor
> devel.

> Regards,
> Ralf

Thanks for your help on this.  Perhaps I'm a bit thick, but I had been
fiddling around for hours, never mind minutes, and hadn't managed to
work out how to do it.

I've now managed to create markers, but it took me a long time to work
out how to move them.  I eventually discovered that this is because
they can only be positioned on bar boundaries, or so it seems.  This
isn't any good at all for what I want to do.

If anyone can tell me how they can be positioned at arbitrary points in
time, I'll be very grateful!

David