Yeah, I thought about looking at the code...but, haven't got around to
finding it yet. (No matter how many things I check off my todo list it
never gets shorter...)

As for the on board hardware...I kinda guessed since it worked with alsa
and alsa was being directed to a pulse sink/source it was going to act the
same...silly me. :)
(Every time I go off trying to really understand how it all fits together,
digging into alsa config files and such, I get to a high level grok and run
away. ;)  )