Hi Erich,

I understand your frustration about firewire management in linux kernels. But wasn't it good practice in Linux, to keep alive even vintage hardware?

We have to be forward-thinking and not stuck in the past on many decisions,
otherwise we become irrelevant.

Ok, you might have to earn your livelihood, but I think, this is a horrible statement, please don't reproduce silly coach speek.

Ubuntu 2012 was great with my firewire interface, near zero latency.

why not force Alsa and FFado developers into colaboration?

I'll begin to compile kernels again.

By the way, best thanks for your engagement in Ubuntu-Studio

Gerhard