2008/10/26 Adi Roiban <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Also if for example (just hypothetical) Fedora Project would like to
> translate Fedora distribution using Launchpad (when it will be free
> software) I doubt they will be happy to assign the localization to
> Ubuntu Translators groups but maybe they are ok with assigning to
> Launchpad Translators.

Just as a quick note. Ubuntu Translators are groups which only work
under Ubuntu project, in Launchpad under https://launchpad.net/ubuntu.
They have no special rights elsewhere in Launchpad, and there are no
Launchpad-wide translation groups.

If there would be eg. Fedora in Lauchpad, it would be at
https://launchpad.net/fedora, and it would have its own translation
groups. It's the same for any project using Launchpad for
translations, https://launchpad.net/transmission, except for that many
smaller projects unfortunately do not have teams established and allow
anyone to change translations.

I think it should be (about) like this, since one can join multiple
translation groups and a successful background in other translation
groups should allow joining to be also more easy. It's not like GNOME
translators should automatically be allowed to join KDE translators
(if both projects were using Launchpad), since the terminology differs
and the projects might have different QA processes etc.

So probably when Launchpad becomes free software, it'd be possible to
migrate _existing_ Fedora translation project members to the new
Launchpad / Fedora translation project, and interested Ubuntu
translators could join in.

-Timo