Adi Roiban írta:
> În data de Lu, 30-03-2009 la 00:34 +0200, Gabor Kelemen a scris:
>
>> Adi Roiban írta:
>>
>>> I want to ask you if you think that having Ubuntu specific translations
>>> as top priority is a bad or a good idea.
>>>

>> This should have been done since ages.
>>

> First we should know if Ubuntu translators are happy with this priority
> list.

Well, I'm definitely happy to see the work being prioritized. Anybody
else? :)

> I am not aware of any bug report for this list.
>
> Gabor, was this topic discussed somewhere else or somewhere in the past?

I found this thread:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/rosetta-users/2006-March/001316.html

Then this feature was added to Rosetta, for some packages the priority
was set, but then this initiative stalled - probably because it's a huge
job and the Rosetta developers were always too busy.

> These changes will affect all languages, this is why we need to know the
> opinion of other translators.
>

>>> At this page [1] I'm trying to obtain a list of Ubuntu specific
>>> translations.
>>>

>> I'll add some more, I already have something similar here:
>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HungarianTeam/TranslationCoordination#Ubuntu
>>

> Thanks. Feel free to add/remove/reorganize the page.
>
> For example we can also add a priority value for each template ;)
>
> I know that other teams use a similar table, but I think we should share
> best practices between all localization teams.
>
> In case you/or others have created a useful page for your localization
> team or your localizatoin team have a good translation process, please
> share that information with us :D

Well, I just split up the work by gui/docs/package descriptions, and on
Ubuntu/Kubuntu basis (there could be xubuntu for docs, if we had the
manpower). Then I tried to list the important things - either because
they are Ubuntu-specific, or a highly visible part of the default setup
and not completely translated by upstream.
Also, we decided to translate first the package descriptions visible in
gnome-app-install, there is a table for that too. Sometimes, I update
the tables and send a mail to our list to ask for help. Then,
translators indicate if they work on a given template and if it's ready
to review/done.
That's it, no rocket science here, but works pretty well.

Regards
Gabor Kelemen