În data de Vi, 10-07-2009 la 17:33 +0200, Danilo Šegan a scris:
> У пет, 10. 07 2009. у 14:35 +0200, Milo Casagrande пише:
>
> > 2009/7/10 David Planella <david.plane...@ubuntu.com>:
> > >
> > > These were all suggestions, and I'm wondering whether these should be
> > > rather made requirements for new teams or new team admins/owners:
> > >
> > >      * To join the ubuntu-translators mailing list
> > >      * To have a local translation mailing list, preferably at
> > >        lists.ubuntu.com
> > >      * To have a set of translation guidelines
> >
> > I would also suggest that: if there already exists an upstream team
> > for your language and they already have guidelines, use those. Same
> > for glossary.
>
> I wouldn't require translation guidelines if there are no existing
> upstream teams with significant translation done (we can easily see
> this: are there a lot of imported translations already for the
> language?).  We should not stop people from starting their translations
> efforts with Ubuntu and Launchpad, and developing guidelines as they go
> along.

[snip]

I agree with Danilo, in that we should not have the same requirement for
the Spanish team and the newly Central Sama team.

The coordinator(s) should join the ubuntu-translators mailinglist, but
inside the team they can use IRC, forum, wiki as a communication
channel. Internal mailinglist should not be a requirement.

I think we should try to only have a few requirement, and just recommend
everything else.

I don't think team should blindly use the upstream guidelines. For ex,
the Romanian KDE team is deliberating using an outdated orthography in
their translations (as a protest).

My vote for requirements is:
 * assure translation quality according to the current(legal)
grammar/orthography by using a neutral(formal) language
 * coordinators be active in ubuntu-translators mailinglist
 * team membership should be moderated/reviewed

All other things should be mentioned as recommendation, together with a
short reasoning.

Cheers!
--
Adi Roiban