2009/10/22 Bruno Patri <bruno.pa...@gmail.com>:
> Le jeudi 22 octobre 2009 10:19:39, abel deuring a écrit :

>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > There are many strings with anti-slashes in this template, like this
>> > one :
> .../...
>> > I guess this should be \n instead of \
>>
>> I think these backslashes indicate that the line after the '\' is the
>> continuation of the line before the '\'. Just run checkbox-gtk and
>> compare what is displayed with the text in tests/*.txt.in.
>
> Checkbox has a CLI, so the strings should fit in a 80 col terminal (and
> checkbox-gtk has a really ugly apparence with those strings on a single
> line), that's why I guess this was a mistake.

David and me have talked with Marc about "\" thing on #ubuntu-devel.
He told us that they are needed to indicate the following newline
should be ignored in the code.
He added they're not meant to be like \n, they're meant to enable the
template files to be more readable by having long lines wrapped.
The lines are merged by the parser when \ is followed by a newline, so
it will be the same if you just don't use \ nor newline.

So, we have to translate strings as a single line without "\".

He ended saying that the issue with the program will definitely be
addressed early in the lucid cycle.

Sergio.

Sergio Zanchetta <prime...@ubuntu.com>