Hi Laco,

El dj 21 de 01 de 2010 a les 10:52 +0000, en/na Laco Gubík va escriure:
> Hi,
>
> That's great work, however I was wondering whether it is possible to
> see separately packages related to Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu etc.
>
> Right now you can see lot of KDE packages in this list. (I do
> understand that you can install KDE packages in Ubuntu and vice
> versa).

The global templates list contains all translatable applications in the
main and restricted Ubuntu repositories. This basically includes Ubuntu,
Kubuntu and Ubuntu Netbook Edition.

What we've discussed in the past is to separate that view into package
sets (e.g. GNOME, KDE, Mozilla, etc.). While we all agree that this
would be a good idea, the resources in the Launchpad Translations
development team will be put into providing better integration with
upstream translations right now, so they will not have time to work on
this on this cycle. You can see the full Launchpad development Roadmap,
including Translations, here [1].

That said, Launchpad is Open Source, so we encourage anyone wanting to
implement any new features to work on them to scratch their own itch, so
to say. If you'd be interested, I'd recommend you to see the
documentation on starting hacking on Launchpad [2] or attend the
"Launchpad Translations under the hood" session [3] during the Ubuntu
Developer Week next week on the 26th of January. Also, people on the
#launchpad-dev IRC channel on Freenode are always willing to help.

> My thinking is, it would be also good to see only packages which come
> on installation CD for each version of Ubuntu, so translation teams
> can see what is missing in initial installation of system.

This is already done, although in a different way. Templates from the
default installation (and which are shown in the UI) are at the top of
the list, so that translators know that they can focus on them first.

On https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Translations/TemplatesPriority#Priority%
20policy you can see the criteria followed for ordering the templates.
You can also download the priorities list at the end of the section,
which shows the priority and the classification we've made for each
package.

> Kind regards
>
> Laco

Thanks!