El Mi 24 de 03 de 2010 a les 09:15 +0100, en/na Milo Casagrande va
escriure:
> Hi,
>
> can't remember if it has been discussed here before, but I also can't
> find the discussion, so: gnome-power-manager in Lucid has something
> like 30 different strings from the upstream version.
>
> Some of those strings come from the "sleep" instead of "suspend" set
> of changes, but other strings have been changed for I actually don't
> know why (those strings mainly involved things like from "this
> computer" to "the computer", and other small rewordings).
>
> Now, I can't remember when or where this things have been discussed,
> but I also can't remember that we have been warned about all of this.
>
> The problem is: are we going to deal with this delta from upstream
> from now on, or are those changes going to be pushed upstream? Also,
> some of those strings could probably break gnome-power-manager manual,
> and if the original manual has been patched accordingly, that means
> that all translations are kind of broken.
>
> Any clues?

Hey Milo,

Thanks for the heads up. That was
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/531491, and after a discussion today it
was decided to drop those changes and go back to the same wording as
upstream. This affects the strings shown in gnome-power-manager, but
also in gdm, indicators and gnome-session.

This also means that if the strings were already translated upstream you
won't have to do anything else, as when the package is uploaded, the
strings will also be imported and translated in Launchpad.

Please do check the gnome-power-manager to see if the translations are
ok just in case:

https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/lucid/+source/gnome-power-manager/

Note that it will take a while from the time of sending this e-mail to
the translations to be actually imported. Making a guess, I'd say they
should be imported by tomorrow.

As far as I know, documentation had not been changed, but in any case
I'm CC'ing the docs team so they are aware.

Regards,
David.

--
David Planella