Hi,

copy and paste from Launchpad bug #561691
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/digikam/+bug/561691

Digikam was released in version 1.2 lately and it fixes a lot of bugs. The
article which introduced this new version mentioned 100 problems, that could
be resolved since the release of digikam 1.1.0.

http://www.digikam.org/drupal/node/511

Also all patches could be dropped, because they went upstream.
I talked to the Gilles the main developer of digikam and he recommends to use
digikam 1.2 in Lucid.
We are very late in the release cycle, but we should take care of shipping a
working digikam this time and the long list of fixed bugs seems to make it
advisable to upgrade.

Digikam 1.2 was tested in the Kubuntu Backports PPA. No complaints so far and
it also works good for me.

Regards Christian

--
neversfe...@jabber.neversfelde.de