After having finished the Lucid-e1 Dutch translation I took a look at
Lucid-e2 on Launchpad. I discovered that 25% (415 strings) was
untranslated, but when I checked the first "untranslated" string I
noticed that there was only a minor change. Most of it was like in
Lucid-e1, but someone had translated the whole string all over again. I
am afraid this is the case with most of the "untranslated" strings. When
there is a minor change, LP will not copy the translation of the string
from Lucid-e1, which means that people start translating the whole
string all over again.
It is sad that a lot of effort and hard work is spent on something that
has been done already.
I see no quick solution to this problem, but perhaps it is better NOT to
make minor changes, unless it is really necessary.
I will give one example of a (pretty long) string that has been
translated twice:

Lucid-e2
With more people working on the project than ever before, Ubuntu
continues to see improvement to its core features and hardware support,
and has gained the attention of large organizations worldwide. For
example, in 2007, \Index{Dell} began a collaboration with
\Index{Canonical} to sell computers with Ubuntu preinstalled.
Additionally, in 2005, the French Police began to transition their
entire computer infrastructure to a variant of Ubuntu\dash a process
which has reportedly saved them ``millions of euros'' in licensing fees
for Microsoft Windows. By the year 2012, the French Police anticipates
that all of their computers will be running Ubuntu. \Index{Canonical}
profits from this arrangement by providing technical support and
custom-built software.

Lucid-e1
Now with more people working on the project than ever before, Ubuntu
continues to see improvement to its core features and hardware support,
and has gained the attention of large organizations worldwide. For
example, in 2007 Dell began a collaboration with Canonical to sell
computers with Ubuntu pre-installed. Additionally, in 2005 the French
Police began to transition their entire computer infrastructure to a
variant of Ubuntu\dash a process which has reportedly saved them
``millions of Euro'' in licensing fees for Microsoft Windows. By the
year 2012, the French Police anticipates that all of their computers
will be running Ubuntu. Canonical profits from this arrangement by
providing technical support and custom-built software.

Nu, met meer mensen dan ooit die aan het project meewerken, worden er in
Ubuntu nog steeds verbeteringen aangebracht, zowel aan de kernfuncties
als aan de hardware-ondersteuning, en krijgt het wereldwijd aandacht
van grote organisaties. Zo ging Dell in 2007 samenwerken met Canonical
om computers te verkopen waarop Ubuntu reeds geïnstalleerd is. Bovendien
begon de Franse politie in 2005 met de overstap naar een variant van
Ubuntu – dit zou hen “miljoenen euro’s ” hebben bespaard aan
licentierechten voor Microsoft Windows. Tegen 2012 verwacht de Franse
politie dat al hun computers op Ubuntu zullen draaien. Canonical
profiteert hiervan door
technische ondersteuning en software-op-maat aan te bieden.

If this kind of translation is not transferred from e1 to e2 I see no
quick way of reviewing 415 strings that have been retranslated in the
form of suggestions.
Hannie
Ubuntu Dutch Translators