In Maverick the docs wasn't updated to reflect the change from f-spot to Shotwell, I have also seen other places where the docs where lacking behind from when i started translating it in 9.10. I think a process should be set up for going threw the docs and trying all the steps when the UI freeze happens, even if it is extremely borring.

How do you open help in Natty?

Mvh Anders

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Planella<david.plane...@ubuntu.com>
Date: Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 8:46 PM
Subject: Status of the Ubuntu Docs in Natty
To: Ubuntu Docs Team<ubuntu-...@lists.ubuntu.com>
Cc: Ubuntu Translators<ubuntu-translators@lists.ubuntu.com>

Hi all,

I've been checking out the yelp version in Natty this week, and apart
from watching in awe the increase in speed, I've also been wondering
about the status of the Ubuntu docs and their translations, especially
after the discussions regarding the project direction a few weeks ago.

I've noticed that there isn't any front page for the Ubuntu docs yet,
and that currently launching yelp shows the GNOME desktop guide in
English (I'll have to investigate why this happens, I suspect it might
be a problem on the translations packaging or importing side).

I also wanted to mention that due to the new Launchpad feature whereby
source packages and projects can share translations seamlessly, it might
be possible to enable translations coming from the source packages to be
committed automatically to a branch of your choice in the upstream
ubuntu-docs project in Launchpad. This is something that will make the
process of getting translations to the package much easier, and it's
something we should probably explore - and something I'll be glad to
help with if you wish.

So I thought I'd start a thread to ask the experts. What's the current
plan for the Natty Ubuntu Docs?

Thanks!

Regards,
David.