Hi all,

Today is "DocumentationStringFreeze"[1]. We have finished the work with the desktop guide for 17.04 and passed the remaining last strings to the translators, who now have two weeks time to finalize the translations (due March 30).

Doug has published the preliminary version here:

https://help.ubuntu.com/17.04/ubuntu-help/

and in a couple of hours it will be updated with translations up to yesterday.

Our new docs team member Chris Perry has done most of the work this cycle. Doug and I have reviewed quite a few contributions, and it has been a pleasure to mentor Chris on the nuts and bolts of the processes. Chris has taken ownership of the tasks he took on, and has done an excellent job in improving some parts of the desktop guide. Thanks for being with us, Chris!

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationStringFreeze

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj