On 2021-01-28 15:14, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
Le 28/01/2021 à 15:10, Yaron Shahrabani a écrit :
Well, I think it would be fair to add an appropriate warning in
Launchpad to warn translators and advise them to translate the
upstream package or publish their updates back to the upstream
project, don't you think?

Unsure what you mean? Launchpad is the right place to translate
snap-store, it's just that the translations don't get provided
through langpack deb updates (that wouldn't reach users on user
distributions) but included in the snap itself. What would you like
to see a warning about?

The snap-store is a bit special, isn't it? I mean, many (most?) translations come originally from upstream gnome-software. Then we have a separate interface to handle the Ubuntu specific strings here:

https://translations.launchpad.net/snap-store-desktop

One question is: When updating snap-store with latest upstream gnome-software, is then the LP translation interface for snap-store properly updated with those upstream translations?

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj