De: "Hannie Dumoleyn" <lafeber-dumole...@zonnet.nl>
À: "Maillijst Translators" <ubuntu-translators@lists.ubuntu.com>
Envoyé: Samedi 1 Mai 2021 12:08:17
Objet: gnome-software vs ubuntu-software

Hello,

On [1], Dutch translation of the gnome-software package, there are still
505 untranslated strings. Most of these are messages for flatpak, snaps
or rpm-ostree and they contain text about fixes and improvements.

In my view, it is totally useless to translate these strings because
they will not show in the gnome-software application and are not useful
to the average user.

Gnome-software 3.38 is 100% translated, see [2]. This should show all
the strings in the ubuntu-software application in my ubuntu 20.04 in
Dutch. Unfortunately this is not the case on my PC. I see 3 languages in
my installed Ubuntu Software. I have the latest updates for the Dutch
language pack (base and updates).

My questions are:

1. Why do I see 3 languages in Categories: e.g. Books and References,
Spelletjes, Santé et remise en forme. I used the mirror
fr.archives.ubuntu.com because I live in France, but I have the Dutch
language installed. I changed the mirror to nl.archives, but after
updating there were no changes in the language use in Ubuntu Software.

2. Difference Ubuntu Software / Gnome Software: US also has strings for
Flatpack, Snaps and rpm-ostree. When I search for e.g. Books and
References in [1], I get no results. But how come I see this
(untranslated) in Categorieën (Dutch) in my Ubuntu Software application?

I hope I haven't made this too complicated. Please let me know if you
need further information.

Regards,

Hannie
Ubuntu Dutch Translators