OK, its official I'm an idiot yet again.

There is an easier way to download popey's screencasts. Even though
you probably read your email in an email client, the archives are web
based, thus if you read the message in the archive you get the FireFox
download option!

Why I didn't think of this 5 minutes ago I don't know!

go to the archives:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-uk/

find the correct messages and then you can right click in FireFox and
chose save target as.
Links to the earlier posts on html archive:
IRC: <https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-uk/2006-October/001496.html>
Installing Updates:
<https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-uk/2006-November/001836.html>
Installing Flash:
<https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-uk/2006-November/001877.html>

All those posts are made by Alan Pope.

oh and it turns out networking on the VM is automatic so no setup needed by me.

- Andy

--
DRM: Digital Restrictions Management -- learn about the dangers at