On Dec 19, 2006 at 12:21, alan c praised the llamas by saying:
> I have just discovered that /var/cache/apt/archives seems to contain
> all the installed updates  since original install. Is this a correct
> belief please?
>
> I do not want to clear this, not just now, anyway - I am very
> interested in using this archive to create a CD from time to time in
> order to allow me to install and update PCs of several friends who
> have only a very slow dialup internet connection. If I can do this it
> will be important for me (and them).

Check out apt-move, apt-zip and debmirror which may provide you with
some suitable tools to make your job easier.

Once you have all your files you want, you might be interested in
apt-get autoclean and apt-get clean. Check the man page to see what they
do and the difference between them.

--
David Pashley
[EMAIL PROTECTED]