On 29/01/07, Alan Pope <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 21:15 +0000, London School of Puppetry wrote:
> In our area, there are at least two experts who travel around the area
> giving help, installing repairing etc on the spot face to face- there
> are many computer literate elderly who benefit enormously from this
> service (Windows only)- pay is roughly £30.00 per hour.  These
> 'experts' come with no qualifications of any sort.

Would you say that was a reasonable amount to charge?

Charging (to me at least) enters a whole different ball game and
relationship. There is of course a higher expectation of problem
resolution, time becomes more of a factor and the Tax/VAT man starts
getting involved* :)

Cheers,
Al.

* Not a problem for me personally, but of course some may have issues
with this.

Hi there- have been exploring charges for the kind of face to face help-
locally to me in Yorks- the price varies from £75 first call visit - then
after that £40 per hour.  The first seems to be flexible timewise.  Caroline

---
London School of Puppetry
www.londonschoolofpuppetry.com