Hi all,

I have been reading about the Ubuntu / Linspire CNR deal and I have
some serious reservations about it.

Will CNR be part of a default desktop installation?

If yes, I will have to seriously consider abandoning Ubuntu.

Why?

Ubuntu - Linux for human beings and not Linux to confuse the crap out of
folks
with more software installation methods than you can shake a stick at. Other
vendors have it right on this with many other software companies ... Here is
the way
you do it - The one way. How can anything be for human beings when you
can get "I installed this via this and this via that and now I have an
issue" - It
will cause so many problems for both users and add a large overhead to the
developers.

Simplicity, stability and consistency is paramount I feel for the basic and
new user.
Forget people like us who are experienced in systems and IT generally

CNR maybe yes, but in MOTU as a user installable app and not in the core of
the OS!

Regards

Phil