On Sun, 2007-02-11 at 23:06 +0000, Stephen Morrish wrote:
> OK I'm new here, so Hi to everyone. Now that's out of the way... I
> tried FreeSpire before ubuntu. There were several things I didn't like
> about it and one of those was CNR. Not the method, but the whole feel
> of the thing. It felt like I was in the bargain isle of a supermarket.
> It just didn't feel right to me. I can understand why there is a
> tie-up with the LinSpire guys. I'm not against the use of proprietary
> software, heck the first thing I do with a fresh install is download
> "Automatrix"

I strongly recommend you do not use this. It is quite likely to break
your system in the long term, when you come to try an update. And
although it makes your life easier in the short term, it means you do
not learn why the codecs (amongst other things) are not there in the
first place, and how you go about getting them by yourself.

This last step is supposed to get even easier with Feisty, with
easy-codec-installation and suchlike coming in.

--
Help me get to Venezuela!
http://tibsplace.co.uk/venezuela